Top 10 Network Security Tips
The average cost of a data breach will grow to more than $150 million by the year 2020, according to Juniper Research. Follow these top tips from Las Vegas managed IT services providers to protect your computer network security and minimize the risk of a breach.
1. Download and install all updates as soon as possible.
2. Make sure your antivirus and anti-malware programs are up-to-date on all servers and all computers on your network.
3. Use encryption to protect sensitive information stored on your workstations, your computer network, laptops, and any portable storage devices such as flash drives or portable hard drives.
4. Avoid keeping sensitive information on any computer with an internet connection. That could provide a target for hackers.
5. Check the security of your web applications.
6. Use Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption or a comparable level of security whenever you receive or transmit sensitive information, such as credit card data or Social Security numbers.