By: Karen Ting on November 28th, 2022
What is a BDR Server? [Video]
Failing to take appropriate backup measures might just be the reason a crisis strikes your business. So what’s a reliable solution to avoid this? In this video, Peter Swarowski, Director of Operations at ITS, talks about a BDR server and how it can help your business.
0:57 What is a Backup and Disaster Recovery Server?
A Backup and Disaster Recovery Server (BDR) is a server where you keep a full image of your protected server along with all file data. In case of a hardware failure, you can virtualize the server from the backup and be operational again within minutes.
1:40 What are the Benefits of a BDR Server?
- Significantly reduces downtime from catastrophic hardware failure from days to minutes.
- Hardware replacement won't halt your team's production, as they can run on the BDR as your main server is being rebuilt.
- The time required to configure, set up, and restore data for your new server is reduced from days to minutes or hours.
- It prevents data loss by continuously taking snapshots of your data every 15 minutes and sending them to your virtual server.
- It provides additional security from ransomware attacks.
2:59 What do you need to consider before getting a BDR?
- Should you buy your own BDR server?
- Do you have dedicated space for a BDR server?
- Is your broadband speed enough?
- Do you have the budget for a BDR server?
To further develop your backup and disaster recovery plan, be sure to download our FREE EBook on what your business should follow to set up a BDR plan.