By: JP Chua on May 23rd, 2023
Best Ways to Stay Secure While Working Remotely [Video]
Despite the convenience remote work brings, there are a number of cybersecurity concerns it poses to your business. Not only are your remote workers’ devices no longer protected by your in-office defenses, you’re also at the mercy of your team members following the best cybersecurity practices to keep your company’s data safe.
By the end of this video, you’ll know what best cybersecurity practices your team members should follow for remote work.
1:24 What are the Cybersecurity Risks of Remote Work?
- Weaker security posture
- Inadequate expert oversight
- Broader attack surface
- Increased susceptibility to threats
2:42 What are the Best Practices to Ensure Secure Remote Work?
- Use separate networks and devices
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi
- Stay aware and informed
- Manage protection controls
- Encrypt your work data
- Practice good cyber hygiene
- Physically secure your devices
4:52 How Can Businesses Help their People Stay Secure?
- Conduct cybersecurity awareness training regularly to keep your members educated and informed.
- Extend IT management to personal systems with their permission so you can ensure the protection of their devices and networks.
- Use a virtual private network (VPN) to keep your assets safe regardless of your members' location.
- Provide standard computing environments like virtual desktop infrastructures (VDI) which allows remote members to have safe access to systems and applications regardless of the security of their devices.
- Employ zero trust security so you can track access and use of your sensitive data and important applications.
Now that you know the best practices for remote work, you can educate your team members on what they should do. Securing your remote work devices can be a complex endeavor. If you’re struggling to secure your network in-house, you may look into partnering with a Managed Service Provider who can help fill in the gaps. Check out this article to learn more about how an MSP can support your remote work setup.