What is Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)? [Video]
As cyberattacks get more rampant, the use of multi-factor authentication (MFA) has become even more critical. Find out what it is and how it can help your business by watching this video.
After watching this video, you'll be able to:
- Identify what a multi-factor Authentication is
- Enumerate the different types of authentication
- Get an understanding as to why multi-factor authentication is important to you
- Determine how does multi-factor authentication protect your business
- Know how do you get multi-factor authentication
Multi-factor authentication, also known as two-factor authentication or 2FA, is a way to validate a user's identity. MFA can be an organization's first line of defense against cyber attacks.
Multi-factor authentication challenges you with both something you have and something you know. Setting up MFA systems defeats the majority of these attacks that are present and at risk for businesses. It is necessary on any system that is externally facing the internet.
If you want to learn more about multi-factor authentication, please read our article entitled "Best Multi-factor Authentication for Office 365: Text, Call or App".
For other cybersecurity resources such as videos and articles, please visit the ITS Learning Center.