Could The Dog Days Of Summer
Be A Threat To Your Business?
How To Ensure The Heat Doesn’t Fry Your Server
(And Your Profits!)
With the “dog days” of summer upon us, most business owners are looking for ways to keep their company’s sales and profits HOT, while keeping their IT expenses COOL. But if proper attention is not given to your server and network equipment during the summer, all that heat outside can actually bring your company’s growth to a grinding halt and increase your IT expenses significantly.
Excess heat can be a big problem for small to mid-sized business servers, since a server that becomes overheated usually costs more in energy, fails more often and is more likely to crash. For most companies, a server crash can mean hours or days of downtime, unproductive employees, HUGE amounts of stress and thousands of dollars in lost opportunity.
7 Steps Every Business Owner Must Take To
Prevent a Heat-Induced Server Crash
Here are a few simple things you can do to prevent your server and network equipment from overheating and crashing this summer:
- Tidy up the server room; a neater room will increase airflow.
- Keep the doors to the server room closed and seal off the space.
- Make sure cold air reaches all the equipment.
- Have a redundant A/C unit that is specifically designed for computers.
- Buy a rack enclosure where the cooling is built into the bottom of the rack.
- Keep the temperature at no more than 77 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Consider virtualization or cloud computing so that you are generating a lower amount of heat in the first place.
Don’t let the summer heat get you down.
Protect your server and computer equipment from frying
with our FREE “Beat The Heat” Network Audit.
For free, we’ll come to your office and…
- Audit the location and condition of your server and network equipment to ensure that they are protected against the elements.
- Check your computer network’s security settings to make sure you are protected from the latest hacker attacks, worms and viruses.
- Check your data back-up system to ensure it is working properly and accurately backing up all of the critical files and information you never want to lose.
- Verify that you have the most up-to-date security patches installed properly; miss one critical update and you’re a “sitting duck.”
- Diagnose slow, unstable computers
To Schedule Your “Beat The Heat” Network Audit Today,
Give Us A Call at 702-850-6616