Cloud Computing is a huge buzzword in Las Vegas, but in this article we would like to go over WHY cloud computing is such a popular concept for small and medium sized businesses in Las Vegas.
The Advantages of the Cloud:
- Managing each application on your own server is no longer required. Your Software as a Service (SaaS) provider is now responsible to keep your business applications going.
- Access from anywhere is now possible. If it is on the cloud, all you need is an internet connection to access your critical business data.
- Predictable plans – Instead of spending thousands of dollars on licenses on a one-time basis, it is a smaller entry cost with upgrades included.
Disadvantages to the Cloud:
- If an application goes down, you have to wait for the provider to fix it. Your IT guy can’t just restore the application to an older version.
- You have a monthly cost that is ongoing. It’s not a buy and survive model. Updates are included and you have to manage your user licenses properly. If you hire or fire, each application on a SaaS model has to be tweaked.
Overall, software as a service is nice as it allows you to simply focus on running your business. Give us a call for cloud computing solutions in Las Vegas.